Sunday, January 2, 2011

1-1-11

That's fun to say.  One one one one one. 


You won't believe this - I'm making a New Year's Resolution to lose weight!  How innovative!  The good news is, despite craptastic habits, I weigh the same as I did a year ago.  The bad news is:  I weigh the same as I did a year ago, which isn't a good number.  I'm about 5 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, and my pre-pregnancy weight was the highest I'd ever been.  eep!

Aside from losing weight, I really want need to create better habits to show my daughter.
I struggle with ingrained habits, and I want to do what I can to avoid her having the same issues.  I'm sure she'll have plenty of other reasons to hate me when she's older.

I may or may not record what I eat every day, and what I do for exercise.  I'm more interested in writing about my thoughts on food and stuff.  I hope I can keep it up for one full year - we shall see.

So the goals, as of now:
Goal 1:  Drink more water
To further that goal, I'm filling up 3 water bottles at night and putting them in the fridge.  Then I can just grab-and-go.  I have a Diet Coke every.single.morning, and I'm not about to give that up.  But then I have to have one bottle of water before I can have another one.  (Limiting DC is not on the agenda this year.)

Goal 2:  Exercise more days than not
To further this goal, I'm keeping a calendar and will record each day I workout.  Maybe I'll do it here, too.  So far, not so good - 0/2.

Goal 3:  Limit fast food
To further this goal, I plan to allow myself to eat it once each calendar month.  No monkeying around with "it's been 4 weeks" - straight up once in January, once in February, etc.  This includes anything with a drive-thru, but not Subway, Quiznos, Panera.

Those are the 3 stated goals.  I prefer to make goals based on behaviors, rather than outcomes.  The outcome I'm hoping for is to lose 45 pounds, hopefully at about 5 pounds per month.  For right now, I'm not counting calories.  I've done that in the past, and while I think it's a good tool, it is extremely time-consuming.  For now I'm going to focus on better habits, and see what happens.



1-1-11
Breakfast:  cheerios
Lunch:  Amy's Creamy Tomato Bisque, goldfish crackers, string cheese
Dinner:  Blueberry pancakes (made with whole wheat flour, fat-free cottage cheese, etc.)
Snack:  2 squares dark chocolate

Exercise:  nada

No comments:

Post a Comment