Sunday, January 2, 2011

1-2-11

This one-one thing is going to be fun to say all year long!

Yesterday went well.  Today went well.  I haven't made it to the gym yet, but hope to start tomorrow.  Finding the time and working out child-care for the little one will make it a bit harder, but I can do it.  I can always go in the evening after she's in bed, if I have to.  The past few nights have been ROUGH though.  On New Year's Eve/Day, she woke up at 1:45 a.m.  And stayed up until 5 a.m.  More than 3 hours.  Finally went back to sleep - and was up for the day at 7.  Last night was 12-12:30, then up for the day at 5.  We've been dragging over here. 

I've spent YEARS trying to lose weight, thinking about losing weight, reading about losing weight.  I've never followed any particular "diet" plan, except for Weight Watchers.  I've always felt that, while there may be valid science behing Atkins or South Beach (but probably not Cabbage Soup) - I prefer to just eat less and move more.  I did give Weight Watchers a try, and followed their Core program.  I found it very helpful in changing how I looked at food.  Before WW, if I had 100 calories to eat, I could eat an apple or 2 Oreos.  Guess which I chose?  With the Core program - an apple would be "free," while Oreos would cost points.  I realized that food wasn't all just calories - some calories were better than others.  Unfortunately, I still didn't follow it...

I'm looking to learn more about food and nutrition.  I checked several books out of the library, I'll write about them as I read them.  But for now - it's SVU time.


1-2-11
B:  blueberry pancakes
L:  Lean Pocket
S:  string cheese
D:  chicken cacciatore - chicken, onions, peppers, tomato sauce
S:  dark chocolate

Exercise:  Nada

No comments:

Post a Comment