Saturday, June 26, 2010

Excuse me, it's rather dark in here

Where did we leave off?

I started C25K last week. Got in 2 runs, and 2 full weight workouts. Sunday was Father's Day. We spent the day at my in-law's, gone from 11-6:30. Get home....and the power is out.

I am not deterred. Figuring it'd be back in an hour or whatever, I putz around then get into my jogging clothes. I head outside - shorts, t-shirt, ipod - ready to go. My neighbors pull up and fill us in - power went out about 4, and will be back on Tuesday evening.

Come again?

Tuesday evening. Aw crap. Scrap the run, go over to my dad's to get camping lanterns (which he keeps for just such occasions, not camping), find batteries, etc.

Monday we spent the day at dad's to stay cool and lit. Power came back Monday night, but Monday-Tuesday were wonky days and I didn't get in workouts.

So - in my Quest for an Itouch:
Week 1: 4 workouts
C25K: I missed one workout.

I opted to just start Week 2 of C25K, which is 90/120 intervals, x6. Did that on Wednesday, no problem. Rode my bike on Thursday, which I hadn't done in at least 2 years, possibly more. Nothing Friday. Earlier today I walked to the store - Al says I get credit for 1/2 a workout. woot! Heading out for another run a little later this evening. Back on track.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Deb! This is the most positive and interested I've ever heard you sound about fitness. Go Deb go!

    ReplyDelete