Tuesday, June 15, 2010

*ppfffffffffffffffffffttttttttt*

*blows dust off blog*

*laughs nervously*

um...hi.

Don't ask, I don't know.

Started Couch-to-5K today. I've looked at it in the past, and thought the first few weeks looked easier than I needed - I always figured I'd start at week 3 or so. Decided to take the plunge, and start at the beginning. Don't know how long I'll last - my knees may not allow me to continue.

But I'll try.

And I have the added incentive that Al says I can get an iTouch after I do 25 workouts. (Did he think that would happen this year?)

Really hemmed and hawed about going tonight. During the day it's too hard to get to the gym - I have to pack up Punky's bag, get her to a sitter, etc. etc. etc. But after her bedtime I'm ready to crash. While Al put her down tonight, I relaxed for a few minutes, but forced myself up after half an hour. One step outside and I was glad I did. It was a beautiful cool night - so much better to be outside! The first week calls for intervals of running 60 sec, walk 90 - for 20 minutes. (Or 8 intervals. Er...I hope I did that math right, because that's how many I did.) 5 minute warm up/cool down. It wasn't too hard - although my gait/posture is ridiculous. I think I did about a 2 mile loop, in exactly 30 minutes.

Where the hell did half of June go?

No comments:

Post a Comment